Old November 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Maurice ON4BAM

Default off road in WA and NT?

Hi,

We're starting to prepare next years vacation and are looking into
Australia. We are thinking to make a trip along the western coast
starting in Perth up to Coral Bay (and back to Perth) and then flying
to Alice Springs or Ayers Rock making a tour. Looking at the roads it
looks like it would be good to have a 4x4 (car not camper).
Could we get by with a "normal" car in this area? I'm thinking about
Kalbarri NP, F. Peron NP, and Uluru. There seem to be restriction on
where you can drive with a 4x4 too.

Any help would be welcome.
Thanks.

Bye Maurice