Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Clarke

Default Cell phone for European travel

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:22:12 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Frank Clarke wrote:

I actually expect to use it only for (a) contacting other members of my party
"Where the hell did you go off to NOW??" or (b) calling ahead to my next lodging
"We're stuck in heavy traffic, but we'll be there. Don't give our reservation
away." or (c) drunk-calling the kids at midnight Paris time to tell them what a
great time we're having on their inheritance :-)

I particularly like (c) 8-)

We actually did that:
http://tbm-mo.home.mindspring.com/20.../IMG_9827.html
The kids STILL tell the story to great laughter.

That trip, BTW, was the first with a phone of my own and I have vowed NEVER to
go to Europe without a phone I can use. $0.39USD per outgoing minute anywhere
except Asia/Australia, incoming minutes free. The phone was $60USD and I used
99 minutes, $39.61. Best $100 I ever spent.

FrankC
(chg Arabic# to Roman to reply)