Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
johnt

Default Mediterranean family vacation

"Surreyman" wrote in message
On Monday, September 25, 2006 at 8:28:38 PM UTC+1, Daves wrote:
We're a Canadian family talking about a large family vacation in Europe
in
the early summer -- late June, early July. We think it would be fun to
rent
a large villa with room for the elderly parents, six or seven adults and
six
or seven children. Yes, quite a crew. Any suggestions. We're looking at
one
week, probably somewhere in the south, not too, too expensive. I was
thinking Croatia, southern Italy, south of France ... along these lines.
know this is vague, but I'm not sure where else to start looking.
Suggestions, websites, anything would be helpful to get the ideas
flowing.

Thanks
Dave

I was interested to see what types of reply you got and, as expected, I
suspect you're no nearer a considered choice!
To be fair, I think you need to outline your expectations rather more. Do
you want sun & sand, history, scenery, cuisine, multiple sightseeing, or
what?
I suspect you're not coming all the way to Europe for a week on a beach?
We know most of Europe - and (maybe?) North Africa, Middle East.
Would be delighted to advise from our own personal experiences given a
little more detail.

It was originally posted in 2006. The children will all be adults by now!

--
JohnT