Old August 17th, 2006, 08:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

On 17 Aug 2006 08:09:52 -0700, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:
On 16 Aug 2006 17:10:14 -0700, "Tchiowa" wrote:

After all *what*????? An editorial from a biased source quoting a
defense attorney????

I am still waiting for you to demonstrate that bias.

Let me get this straight. You're waiting for me to document the fact
that the BBC has been caught deliberately falsifying evidence to try to
discredit Blair and Bush as to the conduct of the war?

No, I want you to demonstrate the bias you claimed existed in the
article I posted. You have misread. Again.

(and no, merely trying to broadly discredit the BBC doesn't count)

I don't need to try. They did that to themselves.

you still conclude that all of them are guilty,

Learn to read. I never said anyone was "guilty" of anything.

You most certainly concluded that.

Out and out lie. Show me where I said that.

You said:
"As it always is with prisoners of war. The fact that they were
captured on a battleground is all that it takes."

Which wasn't correct, was it?

and deserve no legal recourse. Not so much as a shadow of a doubt.
None.

Do you understand anything about war? Prisoners captured during a war
may *NOT* be subjected to criminal trials and may be held until the end
of the war without "any legal recourse".

Right, this all comes down to the declaration of war on some phantom
enemy. I forgot. Apparently you take no issue with this, but are just
blinding trusting the US's word, no matter how flimsy it is.

That would be the phantoms that knocked down the Twin Towers and killed
3,000 people? The phantoms that bombed the Madrid subway? The phantoms
that bombed the UK transit system? The phantoms that were just stopped
from bombing 10 trans-Atlantic flights? *Those* phantoms?

If you don't think we're at war with Islamic Fascists then you need to
wake up. The fact is that the politicians refuse to label them as
Islamic so they just say "Terrorists". But that doesn't alter the fact
that we are in a shooting war.

A shooting war? What war are you talking about?

Terrorism is what happens when people are slapped about so much, that
they resort to extreme methods to get some semblance of justice. I
don't condone that, but the symptoms and the problems need to be
equally adressed. Simply feeding one side of it (like the USA and UK
have been doing) does nothing to stop it.

Why the **** am I wasting my keystrokes? You haven't even demonstrated
basic comprehension here.

You've obviously made up your mind on this one, so there's not much
point in trying to get any sense out of, or into you. That brain of
yours is in lockdown denial mode.

Pots and kettles. You clearly don't understand any of the issues but
you're not going to let that get in the way of your prejudices.

My predjudice is getting these people on trial (IOW justice). Yours is
to avoid seeing that happen.

On trial for *what*? Most aren't accused of breaking US law. They are
being held as prisoners of war. Nothing "guilty" about that. And no
trials to hold.

The war on terrorism is over, in case you hadn't noticed.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com