Old November 11th, 2011, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Default Alaska Cruise

On 11/11/2011 6:16 AM, JasmineEvans wrote:

Me too. I have never been on cruise but I suppose that a typical Alaska
cruise in the winter will be quite expensive. Also we have two little
kids and I suppose that is not the most appropriate vacation.

You are probably right about the two little kids. Winter temperatures
are brutal so you need to stay inside in the nice cozy ship. They have
four seasons in Alaska... almost winter, winter, more winter and road
construction. And out on the water can feel like it is colder than it
is. No fun for kids.

But as for the expense, it is actually cheaper to do a winter cruise
than to do a warmer season cruise. The trick is finding the small
ships. They don't advertise very well. It took me several tries to find
a site that listed several cruise companies at:
http://www.visitwildalaska.com/Small_Ship_Cruises

--

Ray