Old July 6th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Brian K

Default japanese bamboo weed

On 07/05/2004 11:16 PM Dennis P. Harris after palpating a Gingko,
electronically interjected:

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:06:20 GMT in rec.travel.usa-canada, Tim923
wrote:

This weed grows like crazy in upstate NY in Binghamton. Is this stuff
all over the US northeast?

if you mean japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum, it's been
spread by idiots to southeastern alaska, as well as the pacific
northwest.

see http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/pubs...antic/pocu.htm

Holy "Day of The Triffids"! Good morning Kudzu, here we go again.... ;-)

But what does this have to do with US / Canada travel? =-O

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.