Old October 5th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Incognito

In article ,
ClimbHighSleepLow wrote:

I have to disagree (respectfully) with the over-simplification that
the migration is over-rated. If you are planning your first safari to
East Africa (and maybe your only safari for years to come), it is
smart to plan around the migration.

We had to go when the opportunity arose; couldn't pick a month. But the
last two weeks in July this year we found the Mara loaded with animals.
Vast herds of wildebeeste of course, standing around and running around.
All the rest that we saw elsewhere on 3 other safari's also except
for the skyful of pelicans and flamingos we saw at Nakuru.

In the Mara our driver/guide went off the road to show us a lot. In the
other safaris we had to stick to the roads. This would be a big factor
for me if I ever get to choose a safari again. Leopards, for example,
didn't seem to hang around the roads; we had to drive out to them.
---Ken