Old June 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default air conditioning may be making us fat

Never thought of it but almost certainly hot weather reduces one's
appetite,

More horsecrap. The American South is very hot and humid in the
summer and anyone can see fat people are and have been plentiful.
People are fatter because:
- We smoke less: smoking is a known appetite reducer
- We exercise less: in past years jobs required great exertion
- We walk less: this is especially true in the USA where no one walks
anywhere, we just drive to our destination (people in Europe are
generally thinner due to the requirement to walk to public transport)
- We do not care what we look like: this is especially true in the USA,
as witnessed by the large number of fatties wearing sweat clothes;
look at cities like Paris, where looking good is the thing to do
- We are served large portions, once again very true in the USA
- We eat empty calories, i.e. fast food

Pete