Old August 4th, 2004, 03:59 PM
mhicaoidh

Default Travel Socks

Taking a moment's reflection, tslugmo mused:

| I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for travel socks.

I never had much luck with liner socks and what not. But, I've done a
lot of hiking (on several continents) in Thorlo hiking crew socks, and love
them. They are a medium weight, so they are good for warmer and cooler
weather. The first link that came up in Google was one for REI. So, you
can check the socks out he http://tinyurl.com/5b2l9

Regarding thicker versus thinner, bear in mind that a thicker sock will
decrease the amount of foot room, and increase the pressure on the foot
surface. A thinner sock can have the opposite effect, and open the door for
blisters due to increased movement. General advice is to find some socks to
hike it, and then wear them when you go buy your boots.