Old April 6th, 2007, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Cactus

Default Norway

You are planning ahead. You may want to prebook some accommodations.
The train is great. I took it from Oslo to Alesund and flew down to Bergen
then took the train to Oslo.
Do take the Norway in a nutshell day trip. Check the train schedule I got it
wrong so did not get a day trip into Geiranger (sp?)
Norway is so rugged and the people are so independent.
If you can maybe you could also get a train trip into Stockholm
If you really intend on that length of time you might try some coastal boats
that go up to trondheim.

http://www.visitnorway.com/

This site looks good. Maybe a combined rail,boat trip city coast and some
fjord travel.

Good look

"rmk" wrote in message
t...
Is the right place to get info on travelling to Norway. In July 2008 my
wife and I would like like to spend 2 to 3 weeks on a self guided tour of
Norway. Any suggestions or advice on how to start planning this trip would
be much appreciated.