Old October 21st, 2003, 12:06 AM
Hatunen

Default abolishing tipping?

On 20 Oct 2003 16:48:24 -0700, (tina lekas
miller) wrote:

hello out there,
I am of the opinion that tipping practices in the US, at least my part
of the US have gone overboard. what do you think of making employers
jack up their employees pay (and the cost of their services) by
whatever percentage say 15% and forbid tipping.

They will quickly lose business because their menu prices will be
significantly higher. It also removes my ability to let the
waiter know he's done a poor job by leaving a 5-cent tip.

Yes prices will rise. But we are paying it anyway.

Maybe you're tipping too much.