Old October 21st, 2003, 02:11 AM
JTK

Default abolishing tipping?

"tina lekas miller" wrote in message
om...
hello out there,
I am of the opinion that tipping practices in the US, at least my part
of the US have gone overboard. what do you think of making employers
jack up their employees pay (and the cost of their services) by
whatever percentage say 15% and forbid tipping.

Nobody tips the lawyer, the graphic designer, the teacher, the
librarian, the grocery store check out clerk, the admin assistant, the
traffic cop, the Walgreens checkout clerk or a million other jobs. Why
this selective situation where we subsidize the paycheck of certain
job categories.

Yes prices will rise. But we are paying it anyway.

please let me know what you think.

thanks
tina

Right on Tina.
If this trend continues next thing the bus driver wants
a tip for stopping gently.

And what also irks me is that the hardworking waitress
has to hand over part of the money she earned to the
snooty, nose up in the air, headwaiter or Maitre d.

I am sure the ten or twenty that someone slips him,
because they arrived without reservations, is not being
shared with the waiters and busboys.

JTK