Old September 11th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Roger B.

"Lew Serbin" wrote...
I had a bad experience, told below, at a motel and demanded
my money back for that night in May. On September 10, I
was told that the amount would be credited to my credit card.
My credit card statement shows the charge of [more than $150]
is back.

Many chain hotels in the U.S. are not owned by the chain, but
franchisees, who do not expect you back, and so do not care
about individual complaints. When the power went out for 4
hrs at a resort, their reply to me was, "To Bad. Its an act of
God, and not our fault."

You may also have better luck with harassing the corporation.
When I stayed at a Radisson that had on-going construction
noise, I complained to the chain's CS center and received a
voucher for a free night, anywhere in the U.S.

You could also try disputing the charge with your CC issuer.
[R]