Old September 12th, 2004, 04:50 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mark Hewitt wrote:

My biggest problem in hotels is noise, and in city centres and next to
Motorways that can often be difficult to avoid.

I have the same problem - super-keen hearing - although
traffic noises, or something steady like a noisy exhaust
fan, don't bother me if I'm really tired. What really gets
to me is loud music from someone's television or radio, and
that's seldom a problem in the hotels where I stay. (If
it's really loud, a complaint to the management gets results.)

I've never been able to use the earplugs they sell to shut
out noise, but I travel with a small electronic gadget that
emits "white" noise, or a variety of soothing sounds (ocean
waves, etc.). I have a larger one at home, because
neighbors in the next building are night-owls and listen to
TV late at night. I find them quite effective, and well
worth the price.