Old May 19th, 2006, 12:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

Following up to David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of
besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco 24h offy

This came up in conversation with the NZ cussies, but i'm not
much atracted to SE Asia.

Have you been to Thailand? Parts of it, and other countries in the area
can be achingly beautiful- even the famous tourist spots, like Phang Nga
Bay.

No, I'm sure its nice. If I ever bother with long flights it will
almost certainly be south America as first choice, maybe combined
with the Galapagos. Other choice would be Antarctica. Or combine
Antarctica with Patagonia. I would also like to see the Himalaya.
But at the moment I'm becoming increasingly obsessed with the
Scottish islands, off to Unst again in a few weeks.Then there's
the bits of Spain I haven't done, Ibiza, Gran Canaria and
Alicante, winter for those three I think.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site