Old September 28th, 2007, 01:20 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
proffsl

Default Driver Licensing not about highway safety

Dave Smith wrote:
proffsl wrote:

Why do you continue to behave like a child?

The same might be sad of you.

I see you'd rather take part in an Ad Hominem instead of addressing
the issue. Yep, if you don't like the message, attack the messenger.
Typical behavior by those who can not defend their position.

I'm sure it might. Unfounded things are said all the time. But then,
I'm not the one disrupting this thread by constantly changing the
Subject and changing the content of the Posts, then saying "I fixed
your post again".

You repeatedly roll out this nonsense about driver licensing
having nothing to do with road safety,

Licensing does have nothing to do with highway safety.

ignore all the evidence and logical argument

I could say the same about you. You are the one who is now ignoring
the content of what I am saying, but instead attacking me personally.

and misinterpret your own cites,

I provided a cite where the courts did in fact recognize our Right to
Drive and that it was Constitutionally protected, but then turned
around and choose to exercise a police power against it on the
pretense that it was for public safety.

I provided a cite that lists the dates at which each state initiated
driver licensing, and when that state initiated driver licensing
tests, showing that the average time between the initiation of driver
licensing and the driver licensing tests was 8.34 years. And, that the
first state to initiate driver licensing was Missouri in 1903 and that
it was also the last state to initiate driver licensing tests in 1052.
(source: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/summary95/dl230.pdf ) This alone
proves that driver licensing wasn't initiated for any purpose of
highway safety.

I provided a cite that states that 98% of all accidents are caused by
willful acts of negligence. The cite went on to point out that the
drivers would always try to blame the accident on other factors, but
that when all things were taken into consideration, the fault always
lay with the driver.

I misrepresented none of these cites, and I suspect you are falsely
claiming I did in the hope that others won't bother to read them for
themselves.

and then you just go own arguing the same crap over and over
as if it were true.

What I am saying IS TRUE, but all you can do in opposition to this
message of truth I bring to you is to attack the messenger.

Grow up and get a life.

Now you're the one behaving like a child.

Maybe one day you will pass your driver exam.

Now you're practicing a form of libel, where you are making veiled and
foundless accusations against my driving knowledge and skills. This
is an Ad Hominem attack, and has no place in a logical debate.

You said that you use to give driver licensing exams. One does wonder
why you are so offensive toward my message.