Old September 19th, 2005, 06:51 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Rita wrote:

I think all advice on what to wear or not wear while traveling in
Europe is dumb. From my observations, Europeans dress every which
way and there is no standard to adhere to. Neat and clean is good
wherever one travels, and beyond that, suit yourself. Dressing for
comfort and packing light are good rules to follow and I like clothing
that can stand up without frequent laundering, but
that's a personal preference. Personally I'd rule out jeans because
they are bulky and also slow to dry if you have to wash them out.
But again, a personal preference.

And if you don't want to be recognized as being American,
you'd have to keep your mouth shut for the entire trip!
It's the accent, not the wardrobe - although I have been
asked if I were English, a few times. (Apparently the
difference between an English and an American accent are not
quite so obvious to French and German-speakers as they are
to Yanks and Brits.)