Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:57 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Gary[_5_]

Default Wearing most of your clothes at check in

How often have you thought, "If only I had more space in my bag!"
I wonder how many people just wear extra clothes that won't fit
in their backpack on to the place or when they don't want to pay
for an excess in weight. Most backpackers have learned to never
check luggage because if they lose their bag, they are totally
screwed. We often travel for months - very different from going
to a beach resort for a week of R & R - and our possessions are
crucial and often difficult to replace as they are very specific
and often impossible to source in 3rd world countries. So if you
are determined to not check your luggage or pay extra for the
excess weight of checked luggage, how much clothing could you get
away with wearing on the plane? If you're slim, you'll look a
little heavy. If you're heavy, you'll look enormous. Wandering
on people's experiences and recommendations.