Old July 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
George Graves

Default 39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 04:56:49 -0700, Matthew L. Martin wrote
(in article ):

George Graves wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:31:37 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Please show me where, in any code of jurisprudence in the country where it
gives a witness the right to lie under oath about anything?
Please show me where, in any sensible political system, a politician
will put the chief executive in a position where he might lie under
oath about anything as trivial as a blow job? And use that as a reason
to try to get rid of a chief executive who is doing a perfectly fine
job?

There is simply no way around this. Clinton LIED under oath. End of story.
All side issues are irrelevant.

You live in an interesting world of black and white. Were you GWB's
roommate? The Republican Senate was smarter than you.

And this has to do with the Republican Senate, how? Understand that the court
indictment for perjury and the impeachment proceedings are entirely different
things.

No politician with scruples would have done such a thing. Which types
the Republican Congress perfectly.

That is the point. Clinton was impeached for what the founders would
have considered a trivial matter.

Lying under oath to grand jury is NOT a trivial matter. It never ceases to
amaze me that you Clinton apologists cannot separate the crime (perjury
before a grand jury) from what Clinton lied about (getting a BJ from Monica
Lewinski). You seem to think that the triviality of the subject about which
Clinton lied in some way makes the fact that he lied trivial. It doesn't.
Under the law, it doesn't matter what one lies about, perjury is a FELONY.
Clinton could have lied about what he had for breakfast that morning, and it
would be same or he could have lied about ordering someone's murder and it
would be the same. The law is the same in both instances. It doesn't matter
what the subject is or how trivial or grave the lie. Perjury is perjury and
it cannot be condoned or excused. Clinton got-off light. He should have
served time as you or I would certainly do were we to be caught perjuring
ourselves before a Federal Grand Jury.

It came no where near treason or
bribery in the impact on the nation.

Irrelevant. You just don't get it, do you?

If he had done what Scooter Libby
did he should have been convicted.

Irrelevant

Matthew