Old September 5th, 2004, 02:49 AM
eüphemism

"Pete Platis" wrote in message
ink.net...

puzzled wrote in message
A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really

don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of

having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone

explain
this to me.

Well , hurricanes are one reason but Florida has a host of others

stay away:

1. Cockroaches ......LOTS OF EM ( also known as "palmetto bugs" in order

water down the icky factor, don't be fooled though, they are just larger
roaches......that fly........very well) and a plethora of other pests that
you WILL come into contact with on a personal level whether you want to or
not..........this includes scorpions and brown recluse spiders btw, both
poisonous.

2. Staggering humidity ( well not all of florida but anything south of the
tropical line is brutal)

3. Job market isn't so great.

4. There ain't no mountains, not a one!. There has basically GOT to be
something wrong with that. In fact , the highest point in the state is

only
a measely *345* feet high!.

5. Swamps........hell most of the state is a swamp.

6. Highest percentage of over 80 year olds behind the wheel of a
car.......THAT can't be a good thing.

7. Alot of white trash, yeah I know that can be found in alot of states.
Just seems worse in Florida for some reason though.

8. Basically Florida has one or 2 seasons, depending on where you live in
the state. For a 4 season kinda guy like me , not a good thing.

9. Alligators coming into contact with people in or near their homes,
killing or maiming them and/or their pets. It's not a good thing. Been
happening more frequently too.

10. FLORIDIANS ARE VOTING-MACHINE CHALLENGED.

In case any of you are wondering, yeah I spent a couple of years in that
awful state.

Enjoy the remainder of your evening.

Were your years in Florida all spent living under an overpass in a moving
box that was infested with Palmetto bugs?

You forgot to mention the fire ants, the tourists and the 6 month anxiety
attack called "Hurricane Season" that results from the shrill and
unrelenting stream of warnings from the media. None of it does any good
either...