Old February 19th, 2008, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
Rita Daggett

Default Egypt Tours - Any Recommendations?

I have two weeks booked in mid September. Will be travelling from
London, UK. I would like to see as much of Egypt as possible in those
weeks (not too rushed however). I've seen tours via trailfinders and
onthego. Would there be any other recommendations anyone would like to
share with me?

Cant help with costs; I went many years ago on a Swan Hellenic trip. I think
it was 9 days and it was too rushed.
We had a day in Cairo at the beginning - did Pyramids.
Then flew to Luxor and joined boat for cruise up to Aswan. Did all the usual
stuff - and its all good! Karnak particularly. Felt a bit 'templed out' and
missed out on Valley of the Queens and wish I hadnt.
Loved Aswan; did a felucca trip out to island (sorry, cant recall its name,
but its famous!) and did a day trip (flew) to Abu Simbel - which in my view
is a 'dont miss'.
Last day back in Cairo in Museum - the trip had put the stuff in the museum
'in context' but I wouldnt have minded missing that.

--
Rita Daggett