Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default fleet standards

I understand and support the unique differences in the services and
amenities offered.

What I do not understand is why there are so many differences in these
services and amenities within any fleet.

One ship will offer chocolates on the pillow, while it's sister ship
does not.

One ship will invite VIP's for dinner with an officer and other's not.

One ship will have chaise lounges on all suite balconies and other's
not.

One ship will have elaborate repeater functions with premium champagne
given to the top traveled passenger, other's not.

I can understand differences that require the structure to support
those activities, amenities and services, but on sister ships it makes
the cruise line look like each ship is a separate company, run by
different people.

When passengers come back to a cruise line because they like specific
features, they are very disappointed when those features don';t exist on
the new ship.

I never mind discovering a new "goodie", but miss the "goodie" I had
last cruise!

Gadget