Old November 7th, 2006, 10:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Default First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

Thus spake Joseph Coulter :

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in
:

At this point it is really unclear what the need is for a passport. As
you say they have delayed the requirement that returning US citizens
have a passport when returning with the cruise. What the situation is
if you leave the cruise is unclear. I suppose you can always swim the
Rio G and ask them why they think you were ever out of the US.

If you fly in it could get touchy at some point.

At this point it is just silly not to get the passport. the requirement for
flying is a passport as proper documentation. Airlines are fined for not
having all pax with proper documents and will not allow a pax on board
without proper credentials. So one is on a cruise and has an emergency and
needs to come home from say St Martin - without a passport, no plane home.

RCI is requiring passports for cruises returning after Jan 8. So that
makes the rest of the discussion moot for them (I haven't seen
anything from Celebrity, I assume they are doing so as well).
--
dillon

If you can't figure out how to unmunge my
address, email me and I'll explain it.