Old April 12th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Alan S

On 12 Apr 2005 12:51:08 GMT, "Canopus"
wrote:

Alan S wrote on 12/04/2005 02:00:45:-

As an atheist does that mean I'll
be an invisible non-person, or beheaded on sight?

Cheers, Alan, Australia

Oh, I expect you'll just be taken up the highest minaret and thrown off
unless you repent your evil ways, embrace Islam and give all your money
to the orphans as penance :-)

Seriously though, it should prove no problem. If you do get into a
conversation on Islam ask as many questions as you like, the person you
are talking to will delight in answering them. Just don't criticise
Islam or the Prophet or say nasty things about it. Islam in its pure
form is a very enlightened religion, but, unfortunately, not many
Muslims understand it in its pure form. If you are lucky you may meet
a true Sufi in which case you may get to glimpse into the heart of
Islam and all religions if you are open, deeper than the majority of
Muslims can. An atheist often has less of an abyss between himself and
Truth.

Rob

Thanks Rob

I'll try not to start too many flames - but atheists don't
see an abyss there at all:-)

And I certainly wouldn't criticise a person's faith; apart
from being discourteous as a guest, I suspect that in those
circumstances it could be suicidal. However, I'll make that
my last religious (irreligious?) comment in the thread.

Cheers, Alan, Australia