Old June 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Kathy and Steve

Default campervan New Zealand

Phew thank goodness we arent going to Northland! I live in Far North Qld and
have to also tackle the "terrorists"in campers and caravans - but they also
bring money with them and that helps the local economy. When the tourists
dont come, this area suffers greatly.
We only have 4 1/2 weeks and plan to stay only on the south Island as we
love to bushwalk and cycle as well as DOC camp grounds so we are not really
interested in the cities and the motels. We did do a holiday in Tassie with
a small car and motels and hated it as we were restricted as to where we
could stay the night. Another long haul we did was through Canada but on
that occasion we took tent/camp gear and camped everywhere, brrr even in the
snow. Dont worry seaeagle, you stay out of the South Island and we will stay
out of Northland :P
Kathy