Old February 8th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Ken Pisichko

David Bennetts wrote:

... The very last row has an
emergency exit behind, so it is possible that passengers may loiter there in
flight.

Loitering you say??? Hey, no one owns any "territory" on one of the Qantas birds. We are
just paying passengers with a seat "temporapily" allocated to us. No rights of property
are implied nor assumed - especially when in the air.

As for loitering, let me redefine that space from a "loiterer's" perspective. I am about
6'5" tall, and that location IS a good place to stand for a few minutes to stretch one's
legs if you just happen to be doing the flight in one of those seats forward of the 70-73
seat rows.

Standing there for a few minutes is a necessity in my mind - at least you can even
stretch there and touch your toes a few times. Loitering! Hah, my backside ;-)