Old April 15th, 2013, 04:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerrit

Default Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum reopens after renovation

"Martin" wrote in message

Try and visit Baron Six Van Hillegom's house in Amsterdam. It has just
reopened after refurbishment too. You have to apply in advance.
http://www.codart.nl/news/755/
http://www.collectiesix.nl/en/home-english
It's located on the Amstel on the other side from the Carre Theatre.

On Six's Dutch website he is called "Jonkheer".
I wasn't totally sure what that translates to in English but was pretty
certain it isn't "baron" so I checked a Dutch-English dictionary and that
said "esquire" so I presume it should be Squire Six van Hillegom.

Nevertheless if I ever get back to Amsterdam again I intend to check it out.
Thanks for the tip.

Gerrit - Oz