Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:30 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default California / Las Vegas Information

In article , wrote:

My sister loves theme parks and thrill rides (not my cup of tea), although
I've been wanting to visit Disneyland since a was a little kid.

You'll both be happy at Disneyland (DL/DCA), then. There are a few thrill
rides (California Screamin', Space Mountain, Tower of Terror) that will keep
your sister happy while you go on Soarin' and the other less-intense but
very well designed rides. Or hang out and enjoy the entertainment at
various places around Disneyland (both Disneyland Park and Disney's
California Adventure).

Magic Mountain, north of L.A., is better known for thrill rides, but
there wouldn't be as much there to interest you. Besides, you've been
wanting to visit DL, so by all means, do so!

What is usually the best time of the year to visit CA and Vegas? The only
reason we were looking at January is because I've got to take 4 weeks annual
leave over this period and wanted to get out of Aus. Maybe we should
postpone our US holiday until later in the year - is Sept/Oct better?

There's certainly less apt to be rain in the early fall (although that's
right about when it starts), and the weather will overall be warmer. But
I've seen it in the 80sF in January in southern California, so you never
know!

Patty