Old August 1st, 2004, 07:02 PM

Default Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy.

Tom.. It's like I mentioned before with hotel room service. Just about
every "classy" place now automatically adds the 15% gratuity right on to
your room service bill. (It states that on the menu) ....This charge,
then, is automatically added to your room bill. ....However, when the
guy delivers your food, he still stands there expecting a "personal" tip
for services rendered. I see the same thing happening on the HAL
cruise ships. IE: Let's see, do I "double tip", or do I try to avoid
eye contact with the room steward on the last day after not giving him
anything extra.
There are indeed tightwads, but nobody likes to be shafted out of their
money by the use of guilt tactics. ...And that's what the cruise line
will be banking on. Sure you'll be charged the 10 bucks per day, but
...."Ahemm"....Its up to you if you want to tip an additional amount.
...Jon