Old September 9th, 2004, 07:17 PM
PTravel

"TS" wrote in message
om...
What are the best methods of watching DVDs in flight on a flight of 10
hours or more?

Any portable DVD video players have battery life that long?
What about copying DVDs to the local hard drive of your laptop so you
can view them without the battery drain of running the DVD drive and
also save the hassle of packing and carrying the DVD discs? Best
software for copying/viewing DVDs from a hard drive?
Another method?
I will also burn some of my own to watch TV programming.
I have a DirecTivo and a set top DVD burner as well as a DVD burner in
my PC.

I've been copying DVDs to my Sony Vaio and watching them on that. The Vaio
has a better screen than most, if not all, of the portable DVD players, and
the audio quality is excellent.. I can usually eke out 1 full movie on a
single battery charge. However, I picked up a heavy-duty battery for the
Vaio and, with that, I can easily watch 2 films (which is pretty much my
quota for in-flight entertainment). I've also got a seat power adapter, but
I've yet to fly on the right combination of airline and fare class to be
able to use it.