Old June 16th, 2004, 06:53 AM
eric h

Default "Easy" SF Bay Area airport

In article ,
Miguel Cruz wrote:

From the Coliseum station to OAK you have to buy a $2 BART ticket from the
machine. Not sure about the other direction as I think I've always been
picked up.

Same deal, $2, exact change, gotta buy the ticket in the airport, not on
the bus--which is an absurdly high fare for such a short ride. All in
all, it's an utterly absurd inconvenience, exactly not the thing to be
doing if you want to promote transit use, and a great reason to not fly
into OAK.

By contrast, the SJC shuttle is free to connect to both Caltrain and the
VTA trolley, and the SFO shuttle train to BART is free as well--or, at
least, the cost is embedded in the BART ticket.
--
---
"Wake Up, Everybody."--McFadden/Whitehead/Carstarphen