Old October 17th, 2003, 12:07 PM
david

Default Lufthansa Online Europe fares

Thomas Peel wrote in message ...
SR schrieb:

I've had good luck finding the right intra-european fare on Expedia, of

all
places. It's worth checking Expedia and Travelocity. www.opodo.de may
also quote the better fare--but again you need a foreign address to

purchase
the tickets from them. And have you tried www.ual.com (United will list

LH
flights--though they might not help with that fare).

Thanks for those hints. UAL also lists fares 1200 Euros. Now that I
looked, the lufthansa website does say that the fare can change based on
your home country. I guess I will try some travel agents in Germany as
well.

-Suresh

What would happen if the OP 1. registered a German address with his
credit card company, then 2. purchased the tickets from the LH website
with Germany as his country of domicile? Presumably they are
e-tickets, so he would not have to worry about where they would be
delivered!

All part of the cutthroat airline market in Europe now? In the domestic
market, they're in a price battle with the no-frills startups.