Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Gary Z

Hi Gary!
I take it that you are living in Texas, as you mention traveling to
Orlando and are considering a cruise from Galveston...Or are you just in a
nearby state?

We have taken the Royal Caribbean Rhapsody out of Galveston and driven
there since we live in Texas..I think it is great that you and your teen
aged son are taking a cruise! There is a teen's program on the Splendour
for ages 15-17 and your son might want to check into it..also the rock
climbing wall, miniature golf and Johnny Rockets Restaurant would probably
appeal to him along with the pool activities!

As for the formal nights, 3-4 night cruises have one formal night, so I
suspect that 5 nighters will have 2.. Since you mention that you would
need to upgrade your wardrobe, may I suggest a simple black or navy suit
that can be used for any wedding, special occasion or funeral? I know
that some have bought a black or navy jacket that could be used as a
sports jacket and added slacks of the same color...making it either a suit
or jacket worn with slacks of a different color as a sports outfit. It
makes stretching your dollar and wardrobe much easier....Add a tie and
voila... you are ready for formal night! It would give you a chance to
experience formal night and who knows, you may enjoy this cruise so much
that you will want to take more without having to buy a tux first to find
out! May of us became addicted after our first cruise!
Welcome to rtc and the world of cruising!

--Jean

Hi Jean,
I live about 70 miles west of Chicago. Will look into your suggestions for a
dressier appearance. Thanks.
GaryZ