Old January 29th, 2006, 03:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Quick Rhapsody Roundup -- okay, well it turned out to be notso quick vbg

Ray Bensch wrote:

I forgot to address this before. Yes, there is an omelet station, but
he's kind of hard to find. He is sandwiched in the middle
between the two serving sides in the Windjammer.

I think this used to be the case, Ray. We checked, and it was NOT there
this sailing. Maybe it was just an anomaly of this cruise, but the only
omelettes to be found were in two chafing dishes at the end of the
buffet line. (I'd never seen this before.) There were two different
ones daily, one with cheese, say, and another with mushrooms or peppers.
The variety changed each day, although there was usually one with cheese.

You could, of course, order custom omelettes in the dining room. We had
breakfast there one morning when the Windjammer was unexpectedly closed.
Turned out there was a HUGE list during the night (we slept right
through it) that dumped gallons of water into the area. They spent the
rest of the overnight and morning cleaning up and drying it out.

To their credit, they did a fabulous job of handling the 2000 some odd
passengers in the dining room...traffic that is not normally seen there
for breakfast. I took advantage of the opportunity to order the eggs
benedict (with a side of bacon, of course vbg).

Omelettes were also available from room service for breakfast.

Tom K, you'll be happy to know that the salmon on the breakfast buffet
was excellent and available every day. There were capers and onions on
the side. No chocolate croissants, a la Celebrity, but yummy plain ones.

~ Peri