Old February 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.africa
Markku Grönroos

Default Malaria and Mosquito Repellent

"William Black" kirjoitti
.. .

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
i.fi...

In countries like Cambodia, Egypt, Jordan, India and Mexico accommodation
is so cheap that there is no point to tease oneself by carrying a tent.
Those who overnight in woods think differently.

Hotels in India are not cheap.

They're very highly taxed and are no cheaper than in Europe.

I have never visited the country myself. And I won't unless cows have been
removed from the streets to proper grazing lands. However, listings of "the
asia rooms" online booking engine doesn't support your ideas about equal
prices to European hotels (prices may still be heavily taxed). For instance
in Agra prices start from 25 euros for two people. Doesn't sound too
European to me. Moreover, those to whom tent accommodation is an option,
typically aren't too much sissies when it comes to spending a night in a
hotel. I guess a dive (not listed) with a water proof roof comes typically
by a price worth a few euros. I assume that Cambodia and Egypt are cheaper
still in this respect. For instance I typically paid 100 Egyptian pounds for
a room last summer. Someting like 13 euros. Cheapest room with aircon did
cost 40 pounds in Luxor.