Old September 11th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Dave Patterson

Default South Africa AVIS deal..

I just went online to get a car for one day to get
from Cape Town to my house beyond Hermanus.
Always easier and less expensive than using the
shuttle for the 2 hour trip.

Avis always has special deals for foreign visitors,
but there's one now that's the best I have had.
The deals are found at this web page:
http://www.avis.co.za/main.asp?ID=943

Only the lower priced cars are featured, but what
a deal. I got the little VW Chico with all taxes & fees,
90% insurance coverage (too complicated to explain
here, but it is normal and quite sufficient),
unlimited mileage - for R174 - about $28.

Longer rentals are less.
No, I don't have shares of Avis. Just an extraordinary
interest in saving money. Which isn't always easy
when renting a car.