Old May 12th, 2009, 08:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
nightjar

Default Tourism in a time of plague

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
Spotted in the centre of Edinburgh yesterday evening: an Oriental
tourist walking up the street wearing a green fabric mask over his
nose and mouth.

Anybody seen tourists doing that elsewhere?

I'm surprised this is the first time you've seen it happen. Those face masks
have been worn for a few years now. Sometimes you see an entire coach load
of tourists with them on.

Speaking personally, I've always found it more effective to travel
with a fever-juju staff holding a pair of human skulls and a string
of leopard teeth, rattling it at the sky every few steps.

It may be as effective at stopping you catching anything, but is it as good
at stopping you spreading disease?

Colin Bignell