Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:18 PM
Edwin Lau

Default What to do in Singapore for a month?

Use Singapore as a launchpad if you must to visit the other
countries in Asia such as Malaysia, Thailand and perhaps Indonesia.

You probably do not need a month in Singapore to do everything
you need to do. Getting around Singapore is easy, the cheapest
way is to walk but beyond that, there is the bus systems and the
subway (MRT) which are relatively affordable. Staying in Singapore
however can be costly compared to the other parts of Asia.

Several tourists spots in Singapore would be the Jurong Birdpark,
the Singapore Zoological Gardens, Sentosa and probably shopping
in Orchard Road. If you are into the cultural diversity then visit little
india
in Serangoon, Chinatown and Geylang Serai for the feel of the malay
community.

As for food, skip the hotels and cafe and dive into the diverse food
variety offered at the food centres around almost every street corner.
Singaporean live to eat..

All in all, if you do it slowly, a week should be enough to explore most
of Singapore worth exploring.

Edwin

"SoloG" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm looking to be in Singapore for February but I'm not sure whether I
need to spend a full month there travelling.

Could I ask for a few tips on what to do and where to go? I'd like to
travel as cheaply as possible. What's the best way to travel around
Singapore?

Thanks,