Old January 11th, 2006, 12:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Weekly Pass on Venice Vaporetto

We bought the Venice cards that came with 1 week of Vap ride with
them. The price is about the sme, and they had a few throw-ins that
made them worth while. When I tried to buy a 7 day pass, I was told
there were none, & should buy 2 x 3 days, which had the same daily
rate.

They were hard to come by. Available at the train station, but from a
separate booth from the #!. The Vap pass is hand written and
different from the regular pass. about 25mm x 100mm, with bright
colors on one side.. It is not stamped.

The person gave us a few extra hours on the pass, but it was illegable
anyhow. We were checked twice while there. Both times, as soon as we
pulled them out, the checker left without looking at them. I think
they are very uncommon. came with a great necklace bag to carry them.

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:11:28 -0700, "Ken Blake"
wrote:

I've bought weekly passes before, but can't remember how it works. If I buy
a weekly pass, say at 5pm on Monday afternoon, is it good until 5pm the
following Monday, or is it good for seven calendar days, Monday through
Sunday?