Old March 19th, 2004, 08:47 AM
mtravelkay

Default any tips to avoid reliving my recent nightmare ?

Hilary wrote:

According to them, they said AS said there was no payment from NW for
the seat.

I puzzled by this whole thread. A person has a ticket for a certain
flight number with an OK status (presumably) how can they refuse
boarding to a passenger because of some internal inter-airline
squabble?

I can guarantee that if you write a bad check for a plane ticket, the
airline can pull you off the flight no matter what the status said on
your ticket. What appears to have happened, is that NW changed the
flight from one codeshare to another, and the AS agent or the AS PNR
seemed to be confused about what happened and labeled it as NW not
paying for the seat and the seat was still booked. Without further
detail from the poster, who thought Orbitz was NWA, we will probably
never know, but they indicated the flight was changed to anothe carrier
and it is logical that NW would have codeshares on different carriers.

KL/NW used to use AS for some of their internal flights, but it's much
more restricted this year - perhaps the seat was booked under the old
contract, which allowed the AS codeshare and the gate agent didn't
realise.

Hilary

In this case the poster indicated NW had them leaving later in the day
on a Continental flight. So, NW changed the flights and the OP didn't
check for changes before checking in. Yes, I realize the airline or the
travel agency could have done it, but in the end, if you don't check,
who really has the problems at check in time.