Old February 21st, 2007, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton

Default International Drivers License -- Do you really need one?

wrote on Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:56:44 GMT:

g It's good to know that there are some countries where it has
g been useful. You are the first to make such a statement.

In 40 years of trips from the US to Europe I was never asked to
produce one tho' I used to religiously buy them for the first 10
years. I suspect that if I were going to drive in a country that
did not use the Roman alphabet I might think again.

Slovenia is a rather bad choice for threatened encounters with
para-militaries. It is about as civilized as Austria and stayed
out of the Balkan insanity; now Croatia, perhaps!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not