Old June 25th, 2011, 01:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

Default Recommendations for car rental from Athens Airport

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:24:02 +0100, "tim...."
wrote:

ATM skyscanner is showing flights from London to Kalamata

Again you assume somebody is flying from London.

No, I just used it as an example.

as costing over
400 pounds (return), whether booked for next week or three months time,
all
requiring an overnight in Athens to actually make the connection.

In September-October Athens Kalamata is £114 return.

Yeah, so that three-four days care hire. Remember the guy wants a car at
his destination anyway.

If you have just flown from another continent it isn't a bad idea to
spend a night in hotel before driving any distance.

Perhaps. But surely you'd still want to pick up your car in Athens.
Catching a bus/ferry/plane to (and from) a place where you have far less
choice of car hire just doesn't make sense to me (given the tiny distance
involved).

Direct to Athens available from around 200.

Athens is a long way from the south of the Peleponese.

200Km, now mostly on motorway. Three hours at most.

From what I recall, your idea of a holiday is to spend it driving.

I don't see what that's got to do with anything.

tim