Old October 5th, 2009, 01:40 AM
waitressvn waitressvn is offline
Member

Default Questions Australia

Hi people

I'm planning a trip to Australia from February 2010 to August 2010, and I have a couple of questions that I hope some of you might be able to answer
1. I'm going to a lot of different places, the outback, the big cities, the tropics and so on, but I'm not sure which clothes I need to bring, because the seasons will change while I'm there, so what should I expect from the weather in for example Sydney, Melbourne and Perth in march/april ?
2. My plan is to buy a kilometer pass from Greyhound and go by bus, does anybody have any experience with that in Australia? Do you just book the tickets from day to day, or do you need to have booked in advance?
3. I don't know if I should bring a backpack or a suitcase, what are your experiences ?
4. Do you need to book hostels from home, or can you just find a place to stay when you arrive to your destination?
5. What "practical" things do I need to bring, a knife? sleeping bag? anything else?