Old November 13th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Mxsmanic

Default Storage of photos whilst travelling?

Craig Jones writes:

But, what am I going to do about storage of all these
pictures?

You'll have to carry around a disk drive (a laptop or self-contained
drive or something). Or you could shoot film.

I suppose the best option for me is to download my
pictures on to some free webspace, each time I can
get to an internet cafe.

A lot of Internet cafés won't allow you to upload anything anywhere, and
free web sites are unlikely to give you even a small fraction of the
amount of space you'll need to store the images (gigabytes).

My trip encompasses many towns and cities so finding
internet cafes won't be problem, but will running out
of webspace be?

Yes. So will finding cafés that actually allow you to upload anything.
Most Internet cafés are oriented towards e-mail and Web surfing, and
nothing else. They don't allow uploads for security reasons.

A friend told me about www.icdphotos.com, which gives me 30 meg of
space specifically for photo images. Of course there is nowhere near
enough, and I'm insure I can trust my parents back home to download
the pictures for me on to their PC or CD!

Thirty megabytes is nothing when it comes to digital photos.

Can anyone recommend a website which will give me a lot
more capacity?

Not for free.

Or perhaps suggest a solution to my problem?

Bring lots of disk space or a laptop with a CD burner, or shoot film.