Old November 13th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Paul Sack

Default Storage of photos whilst travelling?

Mxsmanic writes:

Craig Jones writes:

I suppose the best option for me is to download my
pictures on to some free webspace, each time I can
get to an internet cafe.

A lot of Internet cafés won't allow you to upload anything anywhere, and
free web sites are unlikely to give you even a small fraction of the
amount of space you'll need to store the images (gigabytes).

Finding free webspace, of course, might be a problem. You can always
sign up for multiple free webspace accounts. Consider taking 2 MP
photos instead of 5 (or whatever) and deleting liberally.

But in my experience, finding internet cafes from which I could upload
was not much of a problem. I don't ever remember seeing any policies
about not uploading. YMMV. Tip: get a little USB card reader. With
recent (2000+) editions of Windows, you won't have to install any
software. I think some versions of Windows 98 also support the USB
thingies. My biggest problem (a bit more than a year ago) was just
finding Internet Cafes with systems running Windows 2000 or newer.

-Paul

--
In success there's a tendency to keep on doing what you were doing.
-- Alan Kay