Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
Lauri Levanto

"Michael Badt" kirjoitti
viestissä
Hi,
My wife and myself will have a furnished cabin in the Pyhatunturi area for
a week at the end of July.

As it's our first Finland tour, we appreciate answers to:

a. Recommendations for interneraries and suggested
attractions (we'll have a car).

b. Since we'll be flying in to Helsinki, I'd also appreciate
recommendations how many days to spend in Helsinki, any attractions on our
way (by car) to the cabin. What's the length of the drive? Would it be
better to take a train or bus to ?? and rent there a car?

About 970 km.
Train from Helsinki to Rovaniemi takes about 10 hrs (night train 12-13 hrs)
and cost about 70 EUR/person one way (90-100 EUR in 2-berth cabin). From
Rovaniemi to Pyhatunturi is about 150 km drive.
Finnair flight from Helsinki to Rovaniemi starts from 123 EUR return.
Blue1 (owned by SAS) flight from Helsinki to Rovaniemi starts from 59 EUR
one way.

c. What's the weather in that region during the end of July?

Anything from 0 to 30 C, from sunshine to snow, and lot of mosquitos.

Lauri

d. Are there any (English language) sites where we can find zimmers, B&B,
barn or similar accomodations?

Thnaks a lot in advance !

M. Badt