Old May 15th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Stephen Ellenson

Default Mastercard ATM problems: Warning!

"Tom Bellhouse" wrote in message

"Mark Fagan" wrote in
message
It's always a good idea to call your credit card

and ATM card providers
before going on a trip. A change in use

patterns might trigger an
anti-theft hold on your card, in which case you

then have to call home and
get it unblocked. Some companies will only do

this if you call from your
home phone, for security reasons. Obviously

tough to do in the middle of
Provence or where ever!

My card was blocked in Turkey. I was able to call
the 800 number on the back of the card, identify
myself, explain that it was "really me" in Turkey,
and get the block lifted. Much easier to d it
before leaving home, tho.

Tom

Ditto what others are saying, I always call my credit/atm card companies
before an international trip to tell them where I will be using the card(s).
And they always say that it is a good idea to call.