Old February 7th, 2008, 02:25 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Rita Daggett

Default Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe or Zambia

.... So who could
suggest good ideas for the trip to Victoria Falls, combine it with a
safari in that area (are there any interesting game parks ?).
Any help re accomodation, sights and flights is welcome. Am not sure
which side is best: Zimbabwe or Zambia.

THere is a small game park on the Zimbabwe side; think it has a camp/lodge
with opportunities to ride elephants.
Personally I think the best views are from the Zambian side, but if possible
do both. Hwange Park used to be within reasonable reach of the Falls, but
given the situation in Zimbabwe, I'd tackle it from the Zambian side and go
across the bridge if its easy to do when you get there.
Zambia has wonderful game parks - the Lower Zambezi one probably the nearest
to the Falls. Small camps/lodges and the possibility of night drives and
game walks; also canoeing on the river. There is also Tongabezi Lodge (on an
island near the Falls).
From the Zimbabwe side there used to be several different types of flights
over the Falls (light aircraft, helicopter, and microlight). dont know if
they are still available or if there is anything now from Zambian side
(which has considerably developed since last time I was there). Seeing them
from above is an experience - but a very bumpy one so if you are prone to
air-sickness, be warned!

--
Rita Daggett