Old May 27th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Wolfgang Schwanke

Default German rail fares

(Paul) wrote in
m:

Would the price
be the same if we just turn up at the airport station and buy the
tickets there, or am I getting a special deal on-line?

No, the price is the same. The point of online booking is just convenience,
you can print out the ticket at home.

One thing to consider is that various saver options are only available if
you book a couple of days or weeks in advance, and since you're from abroad
you could do that only online. But your travel plans probably don't entitle
you to one anyway (one conditon is that you buy a return ticket for the
same route which you apparently don't want to do), so you probably
shouldn't bother.

By the way, the service I'm looking at is the regional service via
Mannheim, and the on-line price one way for two adults is E55.20

Regional services run frequently, every 30, 60 or 120 minutes depending. So
it's not a big problem if you miss a train. Reservation on these services
is probably not necessary, as they are rarely that full.

Regards

--
Lasers in the jungle somewhere

http://www.wschwanke.de/ usenet_20031215 (AT) wschwanke (DOT) de