Old February 8th, 2007, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Splenda

Default Should I bother with a TA

We have always booked cruises on line or phoned the cruise line.
(since we prefer Celebrity/Royal Caribbean, we have a favorite cruise
coordinator)
He has always returned our phone call when he wasn't available at the time
we phoned.
He has arranged same room booking for us on back-to-back cruises.
He has arranged upgrades time and time again.
He has emailed us with notice of credit when the price went down.
He is a very pleasant, helpful man to deal with.
I can't imagine getting better service anywhere.

"Philip and Heather Johnson" wrote in message
I think it depends on personal preference and a good TA. We decided to go
on a cruise at the last minute. I called my favorite TA, bada boom we're
booked. No muss, no fuss. Was it the best deal? I might have spent a few
hours (probably a lot of hours) trying to save a few bucks but I would
rather give my business to an individual that I know rather than a faceless
dot com or corporation. But, having said that, if I had a similar
experience as what you related, I might feel different.

Phil ......is lazy but got a good deal and a 3 cat upgrade anyway.
Thanks, favorite TA.;)

This is not a slight on TA's. They do valuable work but I ask a
legitimate question to the group - why should experienced cruisers,
people like me, bother?